Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I will choose to let my First Love influence my Marriage.

So I'm roughly 30 days out of getting married to my best friend. Food for thought:

Does my families marital history have to be reproduced in my marriage?

I don't think I could conduct my marriage to the principles of American or World Societal standards. I pledge to love my wife with the most fervor I can muster. To love and lead her as close to Christ as I am able. My love for my wife will not be conditional. It will not depend on her win-loss record. Such is the love of Christ; unconditional, all encompassing, unsurpassed, unequal to any love that could be displayed. I will love my wife, deeper and better than anything else. 


Marriage is a unique institution where we as individuals give up what makes us unique and live as a group for the rest of our lives. it's holy, it's sacred, it's strong. Just because I have a family past with divorce does not mean that they are my standard. I have been pursued, I have been redeemed and freed. All by grace. By a fully encompassing grace. As a young man saved by Jesus, I choose to live my life like Jesus. I choose to give up my selfish wants and desires and choose to moderate my spirit. I am not perfect, I will always endeavor to choose Christ and pureness over, self love. I will choose to let my First Love influence my Marriage.


"God will look to every soul like its first love because He is its first love."

CS Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment