Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Flesh And My Heart May Fail, But You Are My Strength And My PortionForever.

O' Death where is your sting? O' Hell where is your victory?

Awkward...I'm purchased and redeemed; however, every now and then, I choose to allow myself to feel the residual sting of death. Why? Well, I'm human, I'm not gonna lie. I have the appropriate amount of chromosomes for a human. And yet, I still find myself living and leaning towards my own abilities and placing so much trust in them. 

Real talk: I've been hitting a rough patch lately. But I'm done with it. Is it possible to will myself out of a low valley? Is it possible to bring myself to a state where I default to the glory and power of the resurrection of the Risen King? I don't think I can do anything outside of choosing Jesus. Perhaps, it's the sovereignty of God that gives me my portion. Perhaps, merely choosing to accept my portion and rest and be content in the provision from the Kingdom of Heaven, brings the side effects of peace and grace and mercy.

Whatever my lot, it must be well with my soul. I know where we're going, it's the getting there that freaks me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment